Re: Running a script on shutdown/startup

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 20:55:39 +1000

FWIW, No matter what OS you're running, do not use a direct ORACLE interface command to shutdown the database. Create a script in the OS's shell language that calls other scripts that shutdown your bg processes and make the last line of this script a call to svrmgr to shutdown the database.

Simple and effective.

Or upgrade to 8i and do it all automatically from the database using the new event triggers.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den ----- Original Message -----