Re: Why OracleServiceSID cannot be started in NT after installation with the version 7.3.4?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:33:43 -0400

You say you tried other alternative. Does this mean you ran the oradim73 utility? If you run it in a dos box like this: >oradim73 -? you will see a list of options available to you. In 8.0 and I think in 7.3 there are two services for each instance. One is the OracleServiceSID and the other is the OracleStartServiceSID. You can manipulate both of these using oradim73. Also, the errors you get are sometimes so general as to be not much help. But other times they are very useful. Try to write down the exact error message, then look it up.

Van

Zhenming wrote in message ...
>I tried to install Oracle 7.3.4 version on my NT server. The stallation
>seemed successfull. But when check the control panel and choose Services, I
>found the default OracleServiceSID was not started. So I tried to start it,
>but failed. It showed me the error message like: system error 0126. The
>specified module could not be found.
>I tried other alternative to start the Oracle service, none of them
success.
>I used the Oracle Installer to remove all the Oracle products on the
>machine, and installed Oracle 7.3.3 workgroup, I found the
OracleServiceORCL