Why OracleServiceSID cannot be started in NT after installation with the version 7.3.4?

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 21:15:10 GMT

I tried to install Oracle 7.3.4 version on my NT server. The stallation seemed successfull. But when check the control panel and choose Services, I found the default OracleServiceSID was not started. So I tried to start it, but failed. It showed me the error message like: system error 0126. The specified module could not be found.
I tried other alternative to start the Oracle service, none of them success. I used the Oracle Installer to remove all the Oracle products on the machine, and installed Oracle 7.3.3 workgroup, I found the OracleServiceORCL was started after installation, so I can use the Oracle database. The installation between two versions were almost the same, both I chose standard. But I have no way to start an OracleService if I installed 7.3.4 version, even I created a new instance and tried to start it instead of using the default.
My NT system has already installed Service pack3. The reason I want to use Oracle 7.3.4 is that it has parallel server option. Anyone who has met this problem and managed to solve it, please help me.

Zhenming

zmwang_at_maloca.com Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 16:15:10 CDT