Oracle Gateway to Sybase

From: David Harper <david_harper_at_ssga.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:20:36 -0400

I have Oracle Gateway to Sybase installed. Trying to extract data from Sybase & load in Oracle with simple SELECT INTO. This would work fine but just found out Gateway doesn't support Sybase 11.0.3 & crashes constantly. Oracle is not encouraging about providing support...they will probably skip right to supporting 11.5 of Sybase.

I'm now looking at abandoning the Oracle product for something else. Does anyone know of any 3rd party products that provide the same basic functionality? We want to pull from Oracle not push from Sybase so the Open Connect products are not the right fit.

Even a command line utility to extract & load from Sybase to Oracle would be useful.

Appreciate any ideas....

Dave Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 10:20:36 CDT