Re: Delaying Oracle startup service on NT

From: hazledid <david.hazledine_at_roche.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:59:26 GMT

The OracleStart<sid> service calls %ORACLE_HOME%\DATABASE\STRT<sid>.CMD by default, and this batch file contains just one command:

c:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup ...

If you were to insert some sort of sleep command into STRT<sid>.CMD, before the ORADIM73 command, then I would expect the Oracle startup to be delayed. I would have thought that even something as crude as a GOTO loop which executes several thousand times should do the trick.

This doesn't work?

David J. Hazledine
Roche Products Limited
40 Broadwater Road