Re: Oracle8i for Linux: Anyone have their CD yet?

From: Art S. Kagel <kagel_at_bloomberg.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:30:48 -0400

mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net wrote:

> > Well, it's now late May and Oracle said they'd be sending out their 8i
> > Linux CDs by now. Anyone have Oracle8i for Linux yet?
>
> I haven't. But I'm not suprised.
>
> I have signed up for similar offers from Oracle in the past, and never
> recieved anything from them but junk mail. What a rip.

Gee, Informix promised Informix Dynamic Server 7.30 for January and delivered it in January! They have even extended the original $99 offer for a fully supported license! By the time Oracle finally gets 8i out the door Informix will probably have its entire product line on Linux.

Art S. Kagel Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 09:30:48 CDT