Help! Package-Procedure Lock

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1 Jun 1999 13:56:17 GMT

Hello Users,
I have a package with three procedures that load data into tables. I usually start all three procedures at the same time since they can be run independent of each other.
I am getting the following error every once in a while (inconsistent):

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object INTOUCHD05.LOAD_ODS_INTO_INTOUCH
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1

Are there any restrictions on executing multiple procedures in a package simultaneously or is this a bug?

Your response is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
  Kittu. Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 08:56:17 CDT