Delaying Oracle startup service on NT

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 23:24:41 +0200

Hi,

I have a question regarding the startup service of Oracle under NT 4 SP3. We have a Compaq 7000 machine with a fiber channel array controller to access the disks.

The trouble is that the fiber channel array controller is not initialized early
enough by NT to let oracle read the datafiles on the disks under the FC controller.

We tried lots of things, but we can't get the delay to work properly. What we tried:
* Making a service that sleeps for 20 seconds on which the

     oraclestart<SID> service depends
* Making a batch file which calls sleep and than start

     oraclestart<SID> service

We believe it doesn't work, because the EXE called by the service should return
a value to the service to see if it worked properly. But hey, how do we do that???

If anyone has an idea on what we do wrong or has an idea how to delay our service,
please email me.

Thank you very much already.

-John
DBA Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 16:24:41 CDT