Re: database link

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 19:09:15 +0200

Hi Michael
The global name of the remote database is oracle.world you are using global_names = true in your init.ora In this case the name of the database link MUST equal the name of the database.
If you set global_names to false (which in your case seems the way to go) Oracle doesn't check. Probably the global name of both your databases is oracle.world and then using global_names=true they will never connect until you change the global name of one of them.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA