Triggers for updating tables at particular time interval

From: <atul0305_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:11:52 GMT

I am working on a stock exchange type of project ,which is my first project in oracle. I have created tables which store details of differnt kind of bonds,no of purchased shares,no of sold shares and price of the shares.The current price in the table has to be updated at a particular time interval(which has a formula to calculate) depending on the number of shares sold and bought by the players. As the curr price changes, portfolio value also has to change,at the same time. I have written stored procedures which will update the curr price and portfolio value, for the whole table, But when I called the same procedure in trigger, giving time range it is not working.So would like to know the proper way of writting and executing triggers in Oracle 8.Also i would appreciate if someone helps me in writing this particular trigger of price and portfolio updation at a regular interval.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 08:11:52 CDT