Re: Off load create user to user level?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:28:49 +0800

If you have implemented resource control / profiling, then this may not be set correctly for your database if the end user creates the user. Also, the Default and Temporary tablespaces may be incorrect for your database. Finally, they may grant themselves DBA privilege (if this is not protected) and cause all sorts of havoc on the database.

What we did was create a PL/SQL Package owned by a DBA and granted to a special user, then would create an Oracle Database & Application account, whenever the senior Application user wanted to. This took care of the Create User allowing with Tablespaces, the Grants that the user was allowed, updated the Product_User_Profile table (we did not want NON TRUSTED Users inside the database with SQL*Plus), and then created the Application User Profile which was part of the Application security model.

Hope this helps,
Andrew