Re: OAS 4.07 on Solaris 2.7

From: <hr784_at_cleveland.freenet.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:51:06 GMT

Keith,

I've been running 4.0.7 for sometime without any problems. You may want to verify all packages were installed correctly and synonyms have been created. My packages are owned by oas_public and can be installed from the 4.0.7 install cd.

You may also want to re-install 4.0.7. The problems your describing sounds as if you can't get the oas to see any databases. I'll check with some other folks who may be of some help.

David Knollhoff

In article <7iq36b$e0g$1_at_sun20.ccd.bnl.gov>,   "Keith Lally" <lally_at_bnl.gov> wrote:
> Recently installed 8.1.5 and OAS 4.07 on Solaris 2.7. The database
> works fine, http listeners start up fine but I'm unable to create a
DAD
> that connects to the database. A program called dadadmin gets started
> and goes to 100% cpu utilization and never quits. On further
investigation
> when su'd into the oas user environment running tnsping as oas user
starts
> up tnsping program which hangs and cpu utilization goes to 100%.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this on solaris 2.7? Anyone have any
> hints on how to fix it? 8.1.5 and OAS were installed in separate
oracle
> homes
> and the oas user environment makes no reference to the 8.1.5
environment
> except for the tnsnames.ora file.
>
> Oracle support says solaris 2.7 is not a certified platform so they
won' t
> help.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Keith Lally
> lally_at_bnl.gov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun May 30 1999 - 06:51:06 CDT