DBMS_DEFER_SYS PURGE procedure arguments

From: Ken White <kwhite_at_tier.com.au>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:26:31 +1000

What binary integer values should I use for the purge method argument. The doco talks about
purge_method_quick (the default) and purge_method_precise. What does each one do and what are the
diferences? Which one is recommended an why?

We are currently migrating an Oracle 7.3.3 replicated environment to 8.0.5. In 7.3.3 the deferred
transaction queue was automatically purged after a push. Is the requirement to manually purge the
queue a new feature on 8.0.x?

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks
Ken White Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 03:26:31 CDT