Security problem with Java Applet using Oracle Thin JDBC

From: MEB <blueming_at_uni-duesseldorf.de>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 00:13:46 +0200

I am using the Oracle thin JDBC driver and the Java Swing 1.2 plug-in to connect to a database on a foreign machine. It works fine if the database is on the same machine as the server the applet is loaded from.
But, if I try to connect to another machine I get a socket security exception.
I have signed the applet's jar file and gave it "All permissions", but this seems to be not enough.
However, trying to allow "Socket permission" does not make any difference, mayby I have the wrong syntax for the port (I tried sth like servername:1024-65000).

Has someone solved the problem?

Mirko Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 17:13:46 CDT