Re: temporary table

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:21:24 GMT

>I hope this question doesn't offence anyone in this user group. I
>have a bunch of stored procedures written in MSSQL. In the MSSQL, it
>allows to create a temporary table within a stored procedure. I have
>looked up couple oracle books but I couldn't find something similar to
>it. Does Oracle has that feature? Can someone point me the directory?
>Is there any equivalent to it or any alternatives?
>
>Any help is appreciated.

AFAIK oracle does not support temporary tables. You should help Yourself using collections (called PL/SQL tables in oracle 7.x), referenced in the oracle8 documentation as 'collections' under 'language elements' in the 'PL/SQL Users guide and reference'.

kind regards,
--marcus Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 13:21:24 CDT