Re: Oracle7.34 installation error on sun solaris

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 08:07:46 +0200

Hi Venu,

The problem here is that Solaris doesn't have enough shared memory available to fit the SGA in.
On database creation a startup nomount is being issued, this creates the SGA in shared memory (as every startup does) and that startup fails. I'm no Solaris expert. From other posts is would appear you need to increase SHMMAX. Please look into the Solaris doc on how to resize the shared memory.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Venu M Middela wrote in message <7imruk$8m_at_portal.gmu.edu>...
>Hello All,
> I'm trying to installoracle 7.3.4 on a Sun UltraII 296MHZ processor
>with 512 MB RAm with a sun 4.2 GB hard drive.
>when i start the installation procedure, at the point of the creation of
the database, I get the error Database creation failede. Check log file.when i check the log file, the error says