Accessing Oracle EJBs from a JDK 1.2 Client

From: Jeff Bail <jeff_at_NHinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 01:44:49 -0400

Has anyone been able to create a client with a Java 2 JDK that uses a EJB on Oracle 8i? I didn't expect this to be a problem, but when I tried to recompile one of the basic Oracle EJB Client examples (examples/ejb/basic/sqljimpl/Client.java) under JDK 1.2.1, I had to add aurora.zip (as well as aurora_client.jar) to my classpath just to get it to compile. Then when I run it I get a javax.naming.NotContextException when it tries to do the InitialContext.lookup() on the EJB object. I believe I have everything set up correctly on the server because when I compile and run Client.java under 1.1.8 everything works just fine.

If anyone has any theories as to what could be wrong, or knows if this is even possible, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jeff Bail... Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 00:44:49 CDT