Need help starting Oracle 8 at bootup time

From: Salsawak <salsawak_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 May 1999 05:27:13 GMT

Hi!

We just installed Oracle 8i on a SUN 450 running Solaris 7. Our DBA wants Oracle 8 to be startup at boot time and shutdown when the system goes down. I created a script in init.d that look like as follows.

Begining of script

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in

        start)
                echo "Starting Oracle Database. . ."
                su - oracle "/opt/app/oracle/local/dbstart.sh"
                su - oracle "/opt/app/oracle/local/listener_start.sh"

;;
stop) echo "Shutting Oracle Database . . ." su - oracle "/opt/app/oracle/local/dbshut.sh" su - oracle "/opt/app/oracle/local/listener_stop.sh"
;;
*) echo "Error during Oracle startup"
esac

End of script

    I tried to execute the script from rc2.d with no success and if I try from rc3.d then the CDE won't work at the console. I also want to shutdown from rc0.d.

  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there is a better way to accomplish this task??????

Thanks

Ramon Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 00:27:13 CDT