Sqlload Varchars?

From: Ron Cline <ronjc_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:34:08 -0400

I'm setting up a control file to load records. One of the fields is a VARCHAR(1400) and has been giving me problems:

LOAD
INSERT
INTO TABLE X
APPEND
FIELDS
(FieldA TERMINATED BY '|',
 FieldB TERMINATED BY '|',
 Problem TERMINATED BY '|'
)

I'm taking the default for field "problem" here so it is CHAR. However, I get the error that column is too large, so I'm guessing the CHAR
here only allows around 255 chars. My data is around 500 chars long.

I haven't had any luck declaring something like Problem VARCHAR (1400) TERMINATED BY '|' or Problem VARCHAR TERMINATED BY '|'

How can I declare a Varchar? What syntax would work? Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 14:34:08 CDT