Re: database link

From: Allan Griffith <allan.griffith_at_stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 19:15:33 +0100

Alan

From the other machine try logging on to build1 with

    sqlplus system/manager_at_build1
If you get the same error, it may mean that the tnsnames.ora file on the build1 machine is either not in the
location identified by $TNS_ADMIN, or doesn't have the entry that is in the file that you provided
an excerpt from, or it may be that the operating system owner of build1 does not have read permission for it.
Include the following lines in sqlnet.ora

    TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16
    TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = ON
    TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = /tmp

try logging on again, and this will produce a trace file in /tmp explaining the problem

Good luck

Allan