OAS 4.0 Content Service & Uploading problem

From: Vladimir Vuksan <vuksan_at_cs.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:37:33 +0000

Has anyone succeeded in getting Content Service running under OAS 4.0 ? I would like to upload files and then insert them into the table. I have succeeded in uploading text only files using the directions in apps4.0.pdf document that is available at Technet but can't figure out how to upload binary files. The documentation is really sketchy. For instance I tried something like this

procedure write_info (
who in varchar2,
description in varchar2,

userfile in blob) as
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

begin
insert into myTable values (who, description, userfile);
htp.htmlopen;
htp.headopen;
htp.title('File Uploaded');
htp.headclose;
htp.bodyopen;
htp.header(1, 'Upload Status');
htp.bodyclose;
htp.htmlclose;
end;

It reports an error. If I change userfile to varchar2 it works fine :-(.

Any clues ?

Vladimir Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 11:37:33 CDT