Re: Oracle refuses to shutdown

From: Thomas A. La Porte <tlaporte_at_anim.dreamworks.com>
Date: 28 May 1999 15:35:44 GMT

I believe this was discussed recently in this group. If you are using SQL*Plus as your mechanism to shut down the database, you will not have success unless you are on 8i (8.1.5). You have to run your backup script through the server manager (svrmgrl).

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Feature Animation
tlaporte_at_anim.dreamworks.com