Re: Oracle refuses to shutdown

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:18:34 -0400

Hi Sam,

    I had the same problem on NT and wound up changing my scripts so that I did a shutdown abort followed by a startup followed by a shutdown immediate. With Linux you could do a ps -ef, grep for Oracle users, and kill their processes at the OS level before shutting down and running the backup.

regards

Jerry Gitomer