Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE on Netware ?

From: Ben <bthomas_at_trey-industries.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:41:57 GMT

Oracle bypasses the Netware file system in a sense. It accesses what it needs directly. Therefore the recommentdation has always been, use NETWARE 64k block size so as to use LESS Netware memory.

The database block size depends on the size of the record in the tables you have. You could spend the rest of your life calculating such mathematical questions. :) I was told that 16K db_block_size works well for most people. I may be corrected here shortly by a REAL expert. :)

good luck
Ben