Re: restricting users

From: Fred Stojentin <stojentin_at_orgdv.din.de>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:31:50 GMT

Hi Eddie,

With the commands
  svrmgrl <<!
  connect internal
  alter system enable restricted session;   exit
  !
and
  svrmgrl <<!
  connect internal
  alter system disable restricted session;   exit
  !
you can turn on and off if the rdbms checks the restricted session privilege on connect. This privilege must be granted to all users you want to allow to connect.
  svrmgrl <<!
  connect internal
  grant restricted session to SpecialUser;   exit
  !
All dba-Users have the right to connect already.

If you only want to disallow a certain user to connect you can revoke the create session privilege for him/her.   svrmgrl <<!
  connect internal
  revoke create session from BadGuy;
  exit
  !

I would prefer to shutdown the database first and restart it with the restrict option, because living connections are not killed when you toggle the privilege:
  svrmgrl <<!
  connect internal
  shutdown immediate;
  startup restrict;