Can't open database - Newbie

From: <farrellyr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 20:15:40 GMT

We are having a problem opening our database. Keep getting error ora- 00600. We have 2 databases running on the same server (NT4-SP4 - Oracle7.3), and we started our test database without specifying which init.ora file to use, and it used the same file as our production database. Now neither database can be opened only in mount state (Oracle support had told us why they won't open). The database is run in noarchivelog mode, but we do have a successful backup from Tuesday night. Is our only option - restore from our last backup or is there a another option we could try so we don't lose information from Wednesday and this morning. I would hate to lose information from a mistake like that.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 15:15:40 CDT