Managing multiple timezone

From: Michel Gauthier <qgmi1_at_clic.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:44:18 GMT

Hi all,

I will have to implement a new instance on a already used server (a HP3000 running MPE 5.5). My Oracle version is 7.3.2.3.1.

We already have a client/server application (using Oracle) running on that server (clients are WinNT). The new instance I will to set will be accessed thru that same application... implemented for users living in another TimeZone.

Is there a way to set a kind of timezone offset that would affect SYSDATE behavior? Does SQL*Net have such a parameter?

TIA Michel Gauthier
qgmi1_at_clic.net
Donohue Inc. Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 08:44:18 CDT