Re: Raw disk usage for Oracle 8

From: Alex <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 11:59:40 +0100

Yes - but that's not what I said - Parallel Server Configurations must use raw devices in order to share the database between nodes. Raw devices can be used for tablespaces etc. on single node configurations but 'normal' filesystems cannot be used to share a Parallel Database among several nodes

Alex