Problems with Forms30 in Oracle 8.0.5.1

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:08:17 +0200

Hi all,

 We've just installed a Oracle 8.0.5 in a new machine (DEC Alpha) and wat to install there a forms30 based application. We've upgraded other servers with forms30 tables to Oracle 8 and can use forms30 perfectly (with TWO TASK) except in the case commented below. So, we have the ORACLE_HOME for the 8.0.5 and other ORACLE_HOME for forms30 tools. The forms30 tables were installed running the scripts for it against the 8.0.5 version.
We've had this problem: When we try to modify a row wich has been previously updated and commited (without exiting the form) whe get the following error.

FRM-40501: Oracle Error -- unable to reserve record for update or delete ORA-01410: Incorrect ROWID

The problem disappears when you refresh the block in the form. But the forms are already developed and our developers should modify hundreds of them.

Why does it fail "only" in this case and hoy can I solve the problem? I know the rowid has changed from 7.x to Oracle 8 but I've never listened to Oracle people that there were any problem with forms30. =

Thanks in advantage.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 05:08:17 CDT