Re: Parallel Server question

From: Mich <Mich_at_tomcat.ru>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:57:10 +0300

Martin Haltmayer пишет в сообщении <374C682C.D22463A5_at_in.augsburg.net> ...
>At least for Sun Solaris the answer is "yes".
>
>Martin
>
>Garth Decocq wrote:
>
>> If I'm running the parallel server on multiple nodes, do I need a
>> hardware cluster to make it work? Thanks for your help.

Hm... On a parallel server you running number of instances against one set of database files.
BTW, you must have disk array, that can be accessed from any node, that run OPS - cluster configuration with shared disk resorces. This array must be physically connected to all nodes and cluster must run distributed lock manager ( AFAIK, Oracle7 uses third-party software, Oracle8 uses it own mechanisms... )