General Oracle Questions

From: Brady J. Horenstein <bhorenst_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 18:50:11 -0700

Hello everyone!

At my school, we are looking to set up an Oracle database (Oracle 8i) to back our database. I have a few questions about Oracle and what we would need to implement the stuff we want.

First off, we would like to set up a web site that allows people to submit text via form to the database, which will be built dynamically later on a web page. I assume this is all possible.

We will be using Microsoft Site Server 3.0 on Windows NT. Does Oracle work well with this web server?

Basically, what should be look into buying to help us set up this database. So far we are looking at Oracle 8i and WebDB. Does this sound good?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Brady J. Horenstein
bhorenst_at_teleport.com Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 20:50:11 CDT