Re: Oracle 7.3.4 / NT 4 Autostart Instance

From: <perfect_golf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:03:07 GMT

Stephen,

These are the following commands that I run in order to create the service and instance.

ORADIM73 -new -sid xxxx -intpwd zzzzzz -startmode auto

         -pfile g:\orant\database\initxxxx.ora

ORADIM73 -startup -sid xxxx -usrpwd zzzzzz -startype srvc,inst

         -pfile g:\orant\database\initxxxx.ora

Note: You will replace the 'xxxx' with your Oracle SID. You will replace 'zzzzzz' with your own password. I use the same password for both -intpwd and -usrpwd.

After the above 2 commands are issued, the Oracle related services will be started. You will find the strtxxx.cmd file under the g:\orant\database directory.

In article <374c6047_at_news1.us.ibm.net>,   "Stephen Gabor" <sgabor_at_removethis.jamesway.com> wrote:
> The file looks like:
>
> Oradim73: Command Line Mode.
>
> Please enter a password for the DBA account
>
> I have checked and rechecked internal's password. I can log into
Oracle

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 18:03:07 CDT