Access Violation or Syntax Err from RDO to Oracle

From: Ricky Martin <rmartin_at_lovenet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:24:42 -0400

Calling Oracle stored proc from VB/RDO/ODBC, sometimes we get Access Violation or Syntax Error.

We know some of the reasons for this error -
(1) Procedure not compiled - has become invalid due to some object
change
(2) Caller doesn't have execute permission

These reasons are ok and understandable and can be easily avoided. Another reason when this happens cannot be easily explained. I don't know what the reason is but after getting this error, if I FLUSH SHARED POOL then error goes away.

Can somebody throw some light on it ? Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 13:24:42 CDT