Re: Newbie - Date Format Problem

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 26 May 1999 17:45:21 GMT

Use function to_date( ).

Robert Xu

Alex Daman (alex_daman_at_yayoo.com) wrote:
: Hello All,

: I have just installed Oracle Server 7.3.4 on our AIX machine.
: When inserting into a date field, I keep getting an - Invalid month no
: error.
: Is there an environment variable that ORACLE uses that will allow me to
: format my dates.
: e.g. :
: insert into table_s (field_1, date_field) values ('string_data',
: '05-27-99');

: But if I format the date data as '05-May-99' it works.

: Thanks in advance.

: Alex