Database Link between Oracle8 and Oracle 7.3

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_TRINITY.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:17:39 +0200

I have some trouble creating (using) a database link between both databases.

If I create a database link from my oracle 7.3 database to my oracle 8 database, everthing works as expected.

But if I try to create a database link from my Oracle 8 database to another (it does no matter whether the other is Oracle 8 or Oracle 7.3) I receive the errormessage ORA-2085, which means create a database link with the same name as the database to which connects.

Curious?

I use the command like

create public database link TEST
  connect to TESTUSER identified by PASSWORD using 'TEST';

Therefore if I use the command connect testuser/password_at_test everything works fine but not the database link.

What do I wrong? Any hints? Thank you for that.

Btw: All database runs under NT 4.0 with TCP/IP.

Kind regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 12:17:39 CDT