Re: Oracle Error - Please Help

From: Ken Tough <ken_at_objectech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:04:03 +0100

Apparently NeedaHoliday <?@?.?> wrote:

>I also added logic to verify if the label did exist by adding an "C"
>IF statement in the logic. The label was found. I have narrowed it
>down to the embedded SQL code. For some reason, the WHENEVER clause
>is not correct.

FWIW, I've had similar "weird" probs precompiling, and found that just moving the label behind (say) a comment made a difference. In one program, just catenating two strings made it fail: e.g.

   #define FUNC_NAME "DoQuery:"
   DebugOut( FUNC_NAME "Going to step two" );

caused the pre-comp to fail, in one particular place in the program, but changing that one line to:

   DebugOut( "DoQuery: Going to step two" );

was fine. I also found that a WHENEVER NOT FOUND break; caused the precompile to fail, but replacing that by WHENEVER NOT FOUND goto L_loopDone; was fine. Strange, but sometimes our pre-comp dies without saying which line was wrong, so I suppose something may not be configured right. Life's just more interesting with a few mysteries...

--
Ken Tough Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 10:04:03 CDT