Re: newbie question

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 17:35:33 +0200

barry_deevey_at_my-dejanews.com escribió:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> I am running Oracle 7.3.4, and would like to find out if there is a
> query that would allow me to find out how much space is actually being
> used in both tablespaces and datafiles.

For tablespaces:
select tablespace_name, sum(bytes)
  from dba_extents
 group by tablespace_name;

For datafiles:
select b.file_name, sum(a.bytes)

   from dba_extents a, dba_data_files b   where a.file_id=b.file_id
  group by b.file_name;

Hope this help. =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 10:35:33 CDT