Replication

From: HTS Process Control <htsauto_at_globalserve.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:51:53 -0400

Hi everyone!

I have 2 WinNT 4.0 servers both with Oracle 7.3 on them.

I would like machine A to work as a primary database server and machine B to act as a back up. I am thinking of using replication to do this. So that if machine A goes down I can use machine B to take client requests with little interruption to the clients.

Is this the best approach? Is there an alternative method? What happens when the master (machine A) goes down? How does the replicate still collect data?

Thanks,

Jenn :) Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 09:51:53 CDT