Re: startup failed after repaired disk crash

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:20:58 +0200

Sigrid Staudte escribió:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> after a disk crash on a NT 3.5.1 Server with ORACLE 7.3.3.6 we have
> repaired the server and recovered all database files from tape. The
> problem is, that the backup of database files is a file backup from a
> online database in no archive log mode. The files were open. Now I
> want to restart the database, but a error occured -> ORA-01207 file is
> more recent than control file - old control file. So I have recreated
> the controlfile with resetlogs. I want to open the database with
> resetlogs -> the database requests media recovery for the system
> tablespace. When I start " alter database recover until cancel using
> backup controlfile " , archive
> files permanent requested, but I havent such files. The database was
> in no archive log mode.
> =

> Can anybody help me to startup the database ?

First of all, I strongly recommend you not to do more online backups unless you work in archive mode. Now, let's see. You've got a very, very hard scenario. First of all, did you restore the online redo loggs after crashing? If not, restore them. If the different online backups were made in different time, then I think you'll not be capable of restoring database, because every one willl have a distinct SCN. If not and the SCN is the same for all, a thing you can try, but may be it doesn't work is canceling recovering after giving the recover order.  Anyway, as I've just said, I think it won't work but you can try it. If it doesn't work and if you've got exports of all users, you should recreate the database and perform imports of them.  =

Hope this help, but not sure :(
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 09:20:58 CDT