TKPROF bombs out on NT - Any ideas?

From: <soup_dragon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:36:13 GMT

Hi,

Am running TKPROF on an NT Server with Oracle ver 7.3. All seemed to be going well once I found out how to do it (used to Unix o/s). However, lately is has started crashing (comes up with Dr. Watson application error).

The queries that I am trying to analyze are pretty horrendeous (large, too many joins, function calls in the SELECT and so on) hence wanting to TKPROF them. I did notice that it would sometimes work if I stripped out any unnecessary parenthesis out of the query - these were in front of the first SELECT and around a lot of the WHERE clauses. For example:
(SELECT
   mycol1

Obviously this is vastly simplified. This seemed to help but not always 100% of the time.

I am calling TKPROF like this:
C:\ORANT\BIN\TKPROF73.EXE C:\TEMP\my_trace.TRC C:\TEMP\my_trace.TXT EXPLAIN=user/pswd SYS=NO

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks.
SD

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 08:36:13 CDT