HELP - ORA-12641: Authentication service failed to initialize

From: Kevin Grant <K.Grant_at_mailhost.gu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 01:49:39 GMT

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

On a machine running Solaris 2.5.1 I have the following setup.

DB1 Oracle 7.3.3 instance.
DB2 Oracle 8.0.5 instance.
DB3 Oracle 8.0.5 instance.
DB4 Oracle 8.0.4 instance.

Net8 listener serving DB1, DB2, DB3, and DB4. (Note: even if I run a SQLNet 2.3.3 listener I still have the same problem).

If I run 'sqlplus' and connect to DB1 and then within sqlplus 'connect system_at_DB2 or DB3 or DB4' there are no problems.

If I run 'sqlplus' and connect to DB2 and then within sqlplus 'connect system_at_DB1 or DB4' there are no problems, but

If I run 'sqlplus' and connect to DB2 and then within sqlplus 'connect system_at_DB3' I get the following error message - ORA-12641: Authentication service failed to initialize.

It seems there is a problem connecting from 8.0.5 to 8.0.5.

The manual tells me to enable tracing to further define the problem. I've had a look at the trace files with 'trcasst' and in raw format, produced both in ADMIN and SUPPORT modes and I can't see what could be causing this.

Any ideas?

Kev.

--
Kevin Grant