Re: Moving a large # of rows from one table to another ?

From: <ethanpost_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:52:07 GMT

The documentation in Oracle Complete Reference say it will work within the same database also. Other than that I would write a PL/SQL procedure and cursors to move and delete the data.

In article <01bea6e1$5a179560$4b03c896_at_isbarae.transco.twc.com>,   "Richard Elliott" <Richard.A.Elliott_at_WGP.TWC.COM> wrote:
> SQLPLUS Copy requires the source and dest tables to be in different
> databases. The DBA''s here are not likely to create a new instance
for just
> one history table. I do use this approach for loading test and it
works
> great! Thanks, any more ideas ?
>
> ethanpost_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <7iem35
$50l$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 15:52:07 CDT