Re: Oracle Clusters

From: Chris Weiss <weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:47:57 -0400

RAID 5 performs poorly for small reads and small writes. If you must use RAID 5, get the biggest cache on the controller that you can afford.

Mirrors of stripe sets (RAID 0+1) give the best performance and redundancy except the cost is high.

Christopher Weiss
Professional Services Division
Compuware Corporation

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:927656618.11290.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> Hi Matt,
> The options are AFAIK to use Oracle Failsafe 2.1 on top of Microsoft
Cluster