Re: Oracle Clusters

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:25:19 +0200

Hi Matt,
The options are AFAIK to use Oracle Failsafe 2.1 on top of Microsoft Cluster Server 1.x
With Oracle 8 you should be able to configure sqlnet for both failover and load balancing.
The main problem about Raid 5 is the parity check involved with each write. This will hit most when the redolog files are on RAID 5 devices. You could make a mix of Raid 0+1 for redolog and Raid-5 for the other parts of the databases.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Matt Randle wrote in message
<927655676.11939.0.nnrp-09.d4e48d0d_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
>We are writing an Oracle application on NT. Does anyone know what the
>options are for clustering ??
>
>By this I mean,
>
>Can you cluster + load balance instances of the Oracle server application
>running on NT ??
>
>What are the options for providing physical data redundancy (ie RAID).
I've