Very large Oracle Databases

From: G. Bhan <Gautam.Bhan_at_unisys.xxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:28:45 GMT

A confession first -- I am an Oracle newbie, looking at a possible MSSQL7.0 to Oracle migration, followed by a mass data import.

I would like to hear from anyone with first-hand knowledge of large Oracle8 installation (25 GB plus, 10,000 simultaneous users, 7 by 24 operations, etc.). Is Oracle easily scalable to this level or service? What soft of hardware configuration (i.e proc specs) does it take to support such a database running online realtime applications?

TIA & Regards

Gautam Bhan
Unisys Corporation, Norcross GA

All opinions expressed in this message are personal in nature, and do not reflect those of Unisys Corporation.

Please change 'xxx' in the return address to 'com'