where are my cursors???

From: <ethanpost_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:31:09 GMT

Here's somthing interesting, I have developed a tool with a bunch of charts and graphs that hit the v$ views. Each morning when I come in I have been noticing that the v$access view does not seem to be showing me all of my open cursors. I am looking at the sql running on the system right now and there are no cursors associated with the sql being reported in the v$access view. Now I know this is weird because at the moment it is 9:30 in the morning and I am only showing 4 open cursors in the v$access view, I normally run about 200-300 and I can see that there is plenty of activity in the database right now. Am I misinterpreting the v$access view??

select
count(*) "Open Cursors",
a.object "Object Name"
from v$access a, v$session s
where

a.type = 'CURSOR' and
a.sid = s.sid and
a.object not like 'V$%'

group by
a.object

epostxyz_at_safeskin.com (remove xyz to send email)

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 11:31:09 CDT