Re: Importing .dmp file to ms access

From: <sybrandb_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:45:48 GMT

In article <7ieclo$tj1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   xventure_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie at oracle. I had exported some tables from oracle8
netware5
> platform. Is there any way I can import it to ms access or cenvert it
> .csv format? Thanks in advance.

Hi
The easiest method is to setup ODBC from Access to Oracle (or from Excel to Oracle), attach your tables and do whatever you want. Don't know why you would want this. In comparison to Oracle, Access sucks. I know because I have been working for several years with Access, until the lack of stability became a real problem and we ported everything to Oracle. If you want to have a more graphical interface, get Sql*Navigator or Toad.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply