Oracle Names restriction?

From: <sybrandb_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:41:54 GMT

 Hi,
We are currently trying to setup a names server under Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris. The problem that did arise however, was that age-old 16-bit Oracle Network Manager. It doesn't seem to accept hyphens (-) in the domain name, while DNS does accept them (whole company is running on it, so no way, Jose, to have that one changed). The only workaround I could think of is replace the hyphens by underscores, save the Names definition in a database and -behind the scenes- update the Names tables. Questions:
-do I need to do anything more (probably I need to regenerate all
checkpoint files)
-is there a more recent version of Oracle in which this restriction has
been lifted, or are there other ways to configure Oracle Names.

Regards,

--

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply