Database links

From: Super Kev <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:24:22 +0100

At present we have two instances on the same server, with a database link between the two. The two instances are fairly independant of each other but require some interaction. One is accessed via the Oracle Application Server, the other mainly accessed by a VB client / server set up.

Basically I am wondering whether it is better to have only one instance, and separating the schemas, or to keep the current two instances setup. My instinct tells me to keep them seperate, mainly for backup, recovery, maintenence purposes.

However, will the database link cause any bottlenecks ???

Does anyone have any experience of this ????

--
Cheers

Steve Bright

steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 09:24:22 CDT