Agent80 not starting

From: Büro DI Johann Rosenthaler <georos_at_comteam.at>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:46:49 -0700

I installed Oracle 8.0.5 last weekend over a previous installation of Oracle 8.0.4 and tried to setup the Intelligent Agent like described in the 'Get Started'-Manual, but it simply doesn´t start up. The error message is like 'Can´t create/write queue file' in the event log, the NT error message like 'System can´t find specified drive'... I read the documentation and the tips about what to do, when the agent doesn´t start up, and controlled the files tnsnames.ora and listener.ora, there is also the services.ora, just that it´s empty. Permissions are ok, the system can write to all the directories necessary... I just don´t know. I also tried to de-install the agent and re-install, but the same effect took place. Could it be, that its caused by the fact, that the server, I´m working on, is standing alone, without connection to a network (I`m developing some app at home, without any network available ...) ?

thank you for tips, stefan. Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 11:46:49 CDT